WELCOME TO THE 2021 SEASON!
REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN FOR ALL MINIROOS PLAYERS
This season, girls and boys who turn 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 in 2021 are invited to register in our MiniRoos Club Football program.
MiniRoos Club Football at Fremantle City Football Club provides a family friendly environment for boys and girls of all abilities aged between 5 and 9 to play small, sided games on Saturdays**
** Our u5,6,7 & 8’s will play on Saturday mornings at Hilton Park and our u9’s will play Sunday morning in the Football West home & away season.
Our program focuses on maximizing players’ time with the ball, while nourishing individual and team development.
The key benefits for our MiniRoos players:
- Fun, football game-based sessions that build fundamental motor skills.
- Activities aim to improve confidence and self-esteem.
- Low participant-to-coach ratio resulting in greater individual engagement.
- Increased touches of the ball and more goal scoring opportunities.
- Make new friends and develop fundamental social skills.
- Develop values of teamwork, cooperation, fair play, and respect for others;
- Keep healthy by getting active.
As your child progresses through the various age groups, they will be introduced to playing environments that most suit their stage of development and prepare them for the transition to 11v11 football when the time comes.
Please help us to help you secure a place for your child in one of our Miniroos teams. It is important to register early to help us organise teams, coaches and managers and games scheduling prior to the season starting.
All games are at Hilton Park on Saturday morning. (u5/6/7/8)
| Age Group
|| Age details
|| Playing Time
| Under 5’s
|| For players who are 5 or turning 5 in 2021
|| 8.20am to 9.30am
| Under 6’s
|| For players who are 6 or turning 6 in 2021
|| 8.20am to 9.30am
| Under 7’s
|| For players who are 7 or turning 7 in 2021
|| 8.20am to 9.30am
| Under 8’s
|| For players who are 8 or turning 8 in 2021
|| 9.45am or 10.45am
| Under 9’s
|| For players who are 9 or turning 9 in 2021
|| Football West Schedule TBC
Hilton Park – Address: Walton Way, Beaconsfield
U5-U7 Miniroos: No mid-week training. All training will take place in the morning before games.
U8 & U9 MiniRoos: Training session once a week for 1hr.
Training Location: Bruce Lee Oval, cnr South Street & Caesar St, Beaconsfield.
Training session will be 1hr and times will between 4.30pm – 6pm.
Training days will be dependent on the coach’s availability, generally a Tuesday or Thursday.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Please click on this link to go to the registration page: http://www.playfootball.com.au
Select “New to Football?”
Select Miniroos Club Football (ages 5 to 11)
Type in “Fremantle”, click list and then select Fremantle City Football Club
The click “Register” in the top right corner.
For u5/6/7/8 Please select: Miniroos 2021 (Inhouse) – Under 4’s to Under 8’s
If you are eligible for the Kids Sport Grant, please apply for the grant prior to registering.
Children who turn 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 in 2020 can register for MiniRoos at Fremantle City FC.
As per the FCFC policy players must play in their own age group unless permission to change is given by the FCFC Football Department.
FCFC will provide a playing kit which includes shirt, shorts, and socks for the players. Players will be responsible for their own shin pad and boots.
Fees: $330 for all Miniroo players.
As a not-for-profit sporting association, we rely on the helpful support of volunteers.
All our coaches in our MiniRoos program are volunteers.
This is a fun and rewarding role which we are always looking for new faces to join our family!
If you can help or are interested in further information please contact Tony at email@example.com
All parents and/or guardians expected to stay and help on Saturday’s.
MINIROOS CALENDAR FOR 2021 SEASON (u5,u6,u7,u8)
||Sat, 1st May
||Sat, 8th May
||Sat, 15th May
||Sat, 22nd May
||Sat, 29th May
|Week 6 (WA Day Long Weekend) – No Play
||Sat, 5th June **
||Sat, 12th June
||Sat, 19th June
||Sat, 26th June
|Week 10 (School Holidays) – No Play
||Sat, 3rd July **
|Week 11 (School Holidays) – No Play
||Sat, 10th July **
|Week 12 (School Holidays) – No Play
||Sat, 17th July **
||Sat, 24th July
||Sat, 31st July
||Sat, 7th Aug
||Sat, 14th Aug
||Sat, 21st Aug
||Sat, 28th Aug
||Sat, 4th Sept
||Sat, 11th Sept
|Week 21 – Wind-up & Trophy Presentations
||Sat, 18th Sept
**Dates subject to change with Government restrictions & local council ground access
Fixtures – TBC
Role of a Parent
Much of the focus in junior sport on competition and winning is propagated by adults and is generally a construct of their own involvement in sport, not their child’s. As parents and coaches, we need to consider the kind of environment we are creating for our children and be mindful of the messages we are sending.
When a child comes home from a game is the first question you
ask: ‘Did you win?’ or is it ‘Did you have fun?
Parent Code of Behaviour:
The behaviour of players, their parents, spectators, officials and administrators is absolutely critical in ensuring that young players enjoy an appropriate environment in their formative years of playing football.
A couple of points to remember:
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours;
• Encourage children to participate, do not force them;
• Focus on your child’s efforts and performance rather than whether they win or lose;
• Encourage children to play according to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence;
• Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a competition;
• Remember that children learn best by example. Appreciate good performance and skilful plays by all participants;
• Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities;
• Respect officials’ decisions and teach children to do likewise;
• Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators without them, your child could not participate;
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion
Have a great season in 2021!
Any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
** FCFC would like to thank Tony for volunteering & dedicating so much of his time to our Miniroos program. Tony you are an amazing man & we are so grateful for of all that you do for our club **